I’d love to share with you an exercise I do at the beginning of every year. Writing these things down and remembering that any change starts from a place of love, inspiration, and excitement (rather than hate, blame, and dread of “having” to change this thing we hate…hey man, we’ve all been there and seen how well *that* worked, ::coughcough:: not at all) helps us remember why we got started in the first place. Even though we’re 10 days in, if you haven’t done so already, sit down, write these questions on a piece of paper, set a timer for 15m, and free write/type your answers to find your magic:
1. What do I do well? What, in particular, went well in ?
2. Where do I have room for improvement? What do I want more of in my life (feelings or things)?
3. Why are these improvements important to me? What will I feel or do better by accomplishing this? How will it affect my daily life and routine?
4. What has been standing in my way of getting this done before now? Why is now different?
5. What am I willing to give up to achieve this goal? What am I unwilling to sacrifice?
6. How can I capitalize on my strengths (#1) to achieve the [peace/magic/stability/joy…answer from #3] and make 2017 the year of actual, sustainable change?